Re: It is so slooooow to have a FORM calls a report

From: Robert Monical <monical_at_rmi.net>
Date: 1996/07/13

In article <19960711.142352.216_at_lfs.loral.com>, kauj_at_lfs.loral.com says...

> I am running a FORM(v45) calls a report through RUN_PRODUCT.
> It takes soooooo long to bring up the report. I am runing this form
> on AIX 4.1.2.
> Is it always so slow or am I doing something wrong?

Our experience on Windows client is that it is about what you would expect. The Oracle Windows apps are BIG, so 32 MB of memory really speeds things up. At 16 MB, we get a lot of disk swapping activity.

Hope this helps. Received on Sat Jul 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message