Re: Delphi 2.0 vs. Powerbuilder 5.0

From: Doug Gray <penngray_at_netrover.com>
Date: 1996/07/13

> We might as well throw in SQL Windows(Centura now),
> ObjectVision, Visual FoxPro and don't forget tools
> like Magic, Parts, VisualAge etc etc etc. There are
> literally dozens of tools out there, any of whom
> can make any particular claim, however most of the
> folks in this group prefer and support
> PowerBuilder, mostly becuase it's the next best
> thing to sliced bread. I'm Delphi literate, and
> even with a VB and PowerBuilder background, I have
> to admit that Delphi took me easily twice as long
> to learn (to get to near the same level of
> knowledge - particularly of OO techniques and their
> usage). Delphi is very powerful. So is
> PowerBuilder. So is VB. But the real difference
> between them is the people who use them.

I would have to agree with that, we could agrue till the end of time! -or-
We can work developing good apps, we have to remember the end user is what counts and all they want is something that works.

So where will it all end, Powerbuilder 6.0 will surely try to top Delphi 2.0 and so on and so on.....

Too many variation (enviroments) to just state PB is better or Delphi is better.

Here's one, "Pick O/S rules!!!!!!" and "Client/Server is a fad"

Doug Gray.
"sound bites are best served in silence" Received on Sat Jul 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message