Re: Delphi 2.0 vs. Powerbuilder 5.0

From: Euan Garden <epg_at_valstar.co.uk>
Date: 1996/07/12

Rik Brooks wrote:
[snip]
> Look at the rates for consultants in NYC. VB $50-80, Delphi (I only found two and no rates quoted), PB
> $95-130... (New York Times) Case Closed.
> --
> Rik Brooks
> http://www.pics.com/byte/dojo.htm
> The views expressed by the author are not neccesarrily those of his clients.
> But they are still correct.

Haven't we already had this discussion about rates? And wasn't there a quote that people are willing to be paid less so they don't have to work with PB/VB and get to work on Delphi instead!

Personally speaking I am working in a mixed PB / Delphi environment but we are about to make a decision to use a single tool and if that tool is PB (5 or not) I will be seeking a different employer.

Euan Garden

--
[These opinions are my own and not those of my employer]