Re: Temporary tablespace gets low

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1996/07/12

In article <31E518F7.36AE_at_cais.com> "Scott T. Johnson" <sarek_at_cais.com> writes:
>I have an application that gets very low on temporary tablespace. Why
>does the temporary data not get deleted once the query is executed. Is
>there anyway to purge unused data from a temporary tablespace.
>
>The tablespace is 300MB which seems to be a little too large.

Among other things, it depends which version you are on and how you define the tablespace.

Does your version of Oracle have "OPTIMAL"?

>Thanks,
>Scott

>Scott T. Johnson
>SHL

Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>
%DCL-W-SOFTONEDGEDONTPUSH, Software On Edge - Don't Push.            \ V /
panic: ifree: freeing free inodes...                                   O