Re: Performance info for Client/server

From: David Waldron <waldrond_at_waldrond.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/07/12

In article <805843895wnr_at_arete.demon.co.uk>, Tony Brown <tb_at_arete.demon.co.uk> writes
>We have an existing Database written for Oracle 7 and Forms 3 which we
>run on a UNIX machine with access via VT220 emulators. We are in the
>process of converting to Developer 2000 and using it in client/server
>mode. I have a number of queries about the possible pereformance issues
>and wondered if anyone had had experience of doing this.
>
>1. How much of a PC do I need for 4.5 to run OK
 Pentium 100, 24 mg,

>2. What is the difference in performance between direct connect (VT220)
>and client server. Should we expect it to be better or worse.
need to monitor network traffic, I have got some reference site in the UK that said that the char version of Oracle Financials was not a lot slower than the GUI !!!

>3. Is there any FAQ or similar relating to performance/sizing
>algorithms for estimating which target machines (s) will provide a
>comfortable performance.
 Been doing testing and machine needed is quoted above

>4. Any one had adverse experience in doing this sort of thing
Am real worried about the network performance, am currently investigating.
We are inplementing Financials GUI across 400-500 users, AP, PO, FA and GL possibly AR

--
David Waldron