Re: ODBC 32 trouble

From: Michael Krolewski <mkrolews_at_upw.com>
Date: 1996/07/12

Roman V. Eremin wrote:

> I have trouble to connect VB 4.0 to Oracle 7.2.2 (HP-UX) via
> Visigenic 32 ODBC driver.
> When I try to add Oracle datasource, following appears:
>
> Filed to load file vsorac32.dll
> The Oracle(tm) client and networking components were not found. These
> components are supplied by Oracle cotporationn [blah-blah...]
>
> Press Ok to exit, or Cancel to see whoch components are missing.
>
> When I press Cancel nothing appears.
>
> SQL*Plus 3.2 (32 bit) seems to work fine.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Roman Eremin

This appears to be a problem with the latest ODBC driver.

Under both win95 and win 3.XX, we were unable to get the latest and greatest ODBC driver to connect.

We reverted to the 16 bit version (available in the Oracle for NT download from the Oracle Web page). Note the tnsname.ora file is not automatically constructed by the old system. The one generated by the new system works fine -- just save before the installation.

Happy hunting.

Mike Krolewski Received on Fri Jul 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message