Re: Trapped in OPO Debugger

From: Randall Gellens <Randy_at_Pensive.Org>
Date: 1996/07/12

In article <mikek-0807960947090001_at_pdl-ts1-53.jvnc.net>, mikek_at_krt.com (Mike Kranzdorf) wrote:

Just another bug, I think. A similar thing happens to me, though not with HideWindow, and the form doesn't disappear. I get stuck where clicking commit, rollback, or stop has no effect. If there's a development window visible I can usually click on it and get back to dev, but I still need to force quit and restart for things to be happy again. The solution is to figure out what you're doing wrong and stop doing it. I don't know of any HideWindow bugs - can you give more details?

In article <4rr2oh$amd_at_cronkite.cisco.com>, plevin_at_cisco.com (Phil Levin) wrote:

> The following may not be of specific help in your situation, but I have found
> many situations where OPO Designer "hangs" and I end up rebooting the machine
> to recover. In my case it occurs often when I manipulate a recordset in some
> way that OPO does not like and then click the "revert" icon on the
> toolbar. It's hard to imagine why any develpment system should leave you in
> the state you describe.

Thanks very much for the replies. I'll try and play with it some more over the weekend, to see if I can isolate what causes it. What really bugs me is that when I click on Windows, I can see the design window there, but since it is grey I can't click on it. I have the feeling it is something really stupid I'm doing, but I can't see what. Note that the stop icon vanishes, but the debug icon is there, and if I click on it, I'm back in the debug window, and the stop icon reappears (but clicking on it puts me back in the "you can't get anywhere from here" state).

I did find one work-around. Assuming I have unsaved changes in the design window, if I click file-quit, it puts me back in the design window with a prompt asking about the unsaved changes. Clicking cancel puts be back where I want to be.

--
Randy Gellens                               "I speak for myself alone"                             Randy_at_Pensive.Org