Re: Exporting Access DBs to ORACLE

From: Zoran Marjanski <bagzor_at_enterprise.ca>
Date: 1996/07/11

Rafael Algara Torre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an MS Access DB, full of data.
> Around 2500 regs. I need to export all
> the table structure and info to an ORACLE
> system (on UNIX). I have no network installed
> in the Access machine, so I have to generate
> a text file. Once I have the table structure
> into ORACLE, am I supposed to do 2500 UPDATEs?
> If so, I'm thinking about writing a script.
> There is ODBC as well, but as far as I know
> it's for network distributed interchange of
> information.

Try using SQL*Loader. It can load Oracle tables from flat files that are fixed length and I believe variable length delimited. Read up on it in the Oracle Tools book, it's quite good.

Also, if you have SQL*Net and the Oracle ODBC driver, you could get Access to hook into the Oracle unix server. Then use SQL.

Hope this helps...

--
Zoran