SAP benchmarks with Oracle vs. DB2/6000

From: Alex Beylin <avb_at_chrysler.com>
Date: 1996/07/11

Does anyone know of any performance benchmarks for SAP using Oracle vs. DB2/6000 backend databases? Are there any SAP-specific reasons that would make one or the other database perform significantly better, or provide an advantage? If you have any experience with SAP using DB2/6000 and are willing to share it, please let me know.

This posting is not intended to cause a religious war between the database camps, just to gather information and experiences. Please reply via E-Mail, as I don't usually keep up with target groups.

Thanks in advance for any information you may be willing to share.

  • Alex Beylin avb_at_chrysler.com