Re: Tablespace dropped, How to remove from view?

From: James Dickson - SERCO <james>
Date: 1996/07/11

Christoph Karpeter wrote:
> Cathy Fischer wrote:
>>
>> I have dropped a tablespace and shutdown and re-started the database but when
>> I query the DBA_TABLESPACES view that tablespace still shows up. It has a
>> status of INVALID. Why is it there? Is there anyway to get rid of it?
>
> looks like V6. If you are using Oracle V6, don't bother about it. It WILL
> remain there, you can't remove it. The good news about it? In ORACLE7, it
> works properly.
> regards
> christoph

In the Oracle 7 Server Administrator's Guide, chapter 7, page 18, it says: "after a tablespace is dropped the tablespace's entry remains in the data dictionary in the DBA_TABLESPACES view, but the tablespace's status is changed to INVALID."

On this basis the problem (feature?) is still there in at least the early versions of Oracle 7.

James Received on Thu Jul 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message