Oracle Web Security

From: Alireza Assadzadeh <assadzad_at_on.bell.ca>
Date: 1996/07/10

Hello,

We are using webserver 1.0 on a unix system (HPUX 10.1) connecting to Oracle 7.1.6. And we are planning to move to WebServer 2.0 and 3.0 as they become available ( 2.0 port to HPUX is already available).

Oracle has a three layer architecture for their server (2.0):

	Oracle Web Listener
	Oracle Request Broker
	Web Server Extensions

Is there a way to setup the listener to use operating system calls or provide api to other process to allow for extentions to the basic HTTP?

In particular, webserver 2.0 uses a static configuration file (e.g. sv8890.cfg, for a lisetner on port 8890) to do user authentication. There are user ids and password in this file that users will be challenged with when they try to access secure virtual directories.

Is it possible to setup the listener so that it will unix operating system id authentication?

Thanks for all comments.

Best regards,

Alireza Received on Wed Jul 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message