Problem installing Oracle7.3

From: <bjidico_at_public.bta.net.cn>
Date: 1996/07/10

Hi all... I'd like to know if anybody can help me out with this problem...

I'm a new user of Oracle. Oracle 7.3.2 .1was newly installed on sun sparcstation solaris 2.5, after I installed Oracle, I run root.sh, then I get the following message:

  • ...... Please raise Oracle owner's ulimit as per IUG Leaveing commom section of ORACLE7 root.sh

then after I successfully startup database using svrmgm, I input sqlplus, following is what I see:

idi01% pwd
/home1/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/bin
idi01% sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 3.3.2.0.0 - Production on Wed Jul 10 18:42:23 1996

Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1994. All rights reserved.

Enter user-name: qlr
Enter password:
ERROR:
ORA-06553: PLS-213: package STANDARD not accessible

Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO ERROR:
ORA-06553: PLS-213: package STANDARD not accessible

Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO You may need to install the Oracle Procedural option SET APPINFO requires Oracle Server Release 7.2 or later

Connected to:
Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.2.1.0 - Production Release With the distributed, replication, parallel query and Spatial Data options PL/SQL Release 2.3.2.0.0 - Production

SQL>

I try to find packge STANDARD, but I couldn't find it, and more when I try to install HR demo , I see the following message:

idi01% !!
svrmgrl

Oracle Server Manager Release 2.3.2.0.0 - Production

Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1994, 1995. All rights reserved.

Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.2.1.0 - Production Release With the distributed, replication, parallel query and Spatial Data options PL/SQL Release 2.3.2.0.0 - Production

SVRMGR> connect www_user/idi
Connected.
SVRMGR> _at_?/ows/demo/util
Statement processed.
Statement processed.
create or replace package applet is
*

ORA-06554: package DBMS_STANDARD must be created before using PL/SQL MGR-03523: no parameter for SHOW ERRORS and no object has been compiled create or replace package body applet is
*

ORA-06554: package DBMS_STANDARD must be created before using PL/SQL MGR-03523: no parameter for SHOW ERRORS and no object has been compiled declare

I don't know what I should do next step.

Thanks
mimi Received on Wed Jul 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message