Re: a comparison of different databases

From: Fuzzy <grant_at_towersoft.com.au>
Date: 1996/07/10

Adel Al-Shaikh <sico_at_batelco.com.bh> wrote:

>> Raymond Wan wrote:
>> > Well, I'm new to databases, but I have a better yet much less
>> > scientific answer. I think Oracle is ahead or up there in the front
>> > because the oracle newsgroup seems to have the most traffic and in > Er..., doesen't this mean they have more problems to solve. :)
>>
>> Or perhaps it's just that little bit more difficult to use?!! :-)

>> Mark.
>>

>Hi There,

>When It comes to problems ask MS Access users, the Access community has
>the largest number of problems to solve, and by studying there
>behaviour, you can be sure that more traffic dose not mean more problems
>to solve, because Access users have learned to be quite and inactive,
>ALL BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS!!!!!

>Well, the serious part is that in my company, We have done a thourogh
>comparison betwwen Oracle, MS Sql Server, and Informix. Informix is old
>bulky technology, MS Sql Server is a joke, Oracle is the way for serious
>developers database solutions (Full Stop)

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

You aren't seriously claiming that Oracle (still mired in the stupipd convensions and proprietary dead-ends it started with 20 years ago) is not "Old, Bulky Technology". Lets see, how about this for a list

  • Absolutely the most STUPID space management constraints
  • The WORST administration GUI interface in the industry
  • The entire system FAILS if one bracket is missing from a particular text file.

I'm sure we could go on.

Ciao
Fuzzy