Re: OCI: several processes using one lda concurrently

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_dlsun338.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/07/09

In article <1996Jul8.154343.4536_at_sgcl1.unisg.ch>, dlincke_at_bandon.unisg.ch (David-Michael Lincke) writes:
|> Is it possible without adverse side-effects for several simulatenously
|> executing processes to share a common connection to an Oracle server (i.e.
|> common lda and hda structures). CCursor data structures are private to each
|> process of course.

This *might* work if you are using the thread-safe libraries with 7.3 (in thread-safe mode) but I really doubt it. It certainly wouldn't be supported. A better solution would be to use a thread package, or have different connections.

|> dave
|> --
|> David-Michael Lincke
|> Research Assistant
|> Institute for Information Management IWI-HSG, University of St. Gallen
|> EMail: David-Michael.Lincke_at_iwi.unisg.ch, dlincke_at_sgcl1.unisg.ch

Scott Urman Oracle Corporation surman_at_us.oracle.com

Author of _Oracle PL/SQL Programming_ ISBN 0-07-882176-2 Published by Oracle Press - http://www.osborne.com/oracle/index.htm

"The opinions expressed here are my own, and are not necessarily that of  Oracle Corporation"