Re: Oracle 7 on Windows NT

From: Dean Cunningham <deanc_at_wairc.govt.nz>
Date: 1996/07/09

Todd Hickey wrote:

> We anticipate a database in the range of 8-10 GB. Our NT box
> will be a 486 DX2/66 w/ 32MB RAM. Is anyone out there running
> a DB of this size on NT on an Intel box?

What number of users are you expecting to service concurrently with the DB
We have file and print servers with 64mb RAM serving 150 users and that is just enough.
Are currently running P5/133 dual with 128MB 3GB DB RAID etc, going up to 10gb over time, expected target 50 concurrent users. we expect to have to up the RAM and CPU within the next year.

my 2c Received on Tue Jul 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message