Re: Delphi 2.0 vs. Powerbuilder 5.0

From: Greg Brooks <brooksg_at_ldl.net>
Date: 1996/07/09

Bryan Tonnet wrote:

> > >Michael Beck <michael.beck_at_daytonoh.ncr.com> wrote:

> > >But it's much slower than Delphi in accessing Oracle database - look at
> > >InfoWorld comparison from 6/17/96. Delphi was the fastest at that.

> > >Michael
>
> I hate to throw in a curve ball at this point, but has anyone compared these
> tools with Clarion? I've heard some things about them, and they claim (why
> would they not) to have the goods on both PB and Delphi.

Clarion is a great tool for quick and dirty desktop applications. Database backends like
Foxpro, Dbase, Paradox, etc... It works great. I have run into problems connecting to ODBC datasources. Frankly, their support for ODBC and SQL needs some work. Received on Tue Jul 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message