Re: MVS and large database

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1996/07/08

In article <4r6d08$39d_at_news00.btx.dtag.de> willyk_at_t-online.de (Willy Klotz) writes:
>For a new project I was discussing the db-requirments with a customer.
>
>They told me that they ORACLE on MVS, and it does perform
>significantly slower compared to DB2. They want to do heavy online
>actifity, in the range of over 200000 transactions per day.
>
>The database size is nearly a terrabyte.

I read in Computerworld that TRW credit data gave up trying to figure out how to make Oracle do this.

>Anyone out there who can comment on this ? Are there really
>significant problems with databases this size ?
>
>What database would you choose for such a environment ?
>

>Willy Klotz
>Willys Mail FidoNet 2:2474/117 2:2474/118
> Mailbox: analog 06297 910104
> ISDN 06297 910105
> Internet: 0629791010_at_t-online.de
> -> No Request from 06.00 to 08.00 <-

Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>
%DCL-W-SOFTONEDGEDONTPUSH, Software On Edge - Don't Push.            \ V /
panic: ifree: freeing free inodes...                                   O