Re: RDB Software

From: Eric J. Ebinger <ebinger_at_alfie.drc.com>
Date: 1996/07/08

Jim Ierardi wrote:

> We are having terrible performance problems running Oracle's RDB product
> (used to be Digital's RDB) across a cluster. Deadlocks and lock
> time-outs are common when users on one node are inserting into a table
> while users on the other node are trying to update.
>
> Has anyone had similar problems (and hopefully solutions)? Oher RDB
> horror stories would be welcome as well...
>
> Jim Ierardi
> Relational Technology Systems, Inc.

The appropriate forum for this is the comp.databases.rdb newsgroup which is dedicated to issues relating to the Oracle (formerly Digital) Rdb relational database.

This is an issue that has been discussed before on that newsgroup and their are people there who will probably be able to help you.

Eric Ebinger
ebinger_at_alfie.drc.com Received on Mon Jul 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message