Re: ORACLE Sybase comparison

From: Ayokunle Giwa <akgiwa_at_cnct.com>
Date: 1996/07/07

Hi I really think its a matter of compromise taking into account the type of application you have in mind and what level of concurrency you desire what im saying is that if its unacceptable for you to you to have large # of rows locked for a given update then Oracle I think is the way to go. Regarding speed there are ways to handle that issue such as having multiple processors, oracle has a particilar architecture option that is designed for this purpose. Received on Sun Jul 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message