** DeadUser Disconnection problem in ORACLE Forms4.5 **

From: <100656.1571_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/07/05

I have developed an application using oracle forms4.5 that is used about 100 users. A session restriction is put in place to prevent users logging in twice. An random times however if the application hangs the user switches off the PC and restarts the application. However the previous connection is still maintained and an error too many connections error is displayed..

Does anyone know of a way oracle users can be disconnected without using system session kill commands..

I've heard SQL-NET V2 has dead user disconnection facilities.. Has anyone used this?? Help would be appreciated since I get numerous call asking to disconnect users..

Sanjeev Parikh
London UK Received on Fri Jul 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message