Re: Oracle and Solaris Problem on Sparc 20

From: Neil Greene <ngreene_at_ni.net>
Date: 1996/07/05

Mario Mistrik wrote:

> We have many problems with a databaseserver.
> OS on it is Solaris 2.4 (with patch 41).
> The Oracle-Version is 7.2.2.4.0.
> The System is a Sparc 20 including 2 Hyper-Sparc 81 MHz MBus-Modules.
> Frequently the system is going down. Neither log-informations are
> written in oracle-logfiles or OS-logfiles.
> Oracle-Hotline in Munich told, that this problem is unknown.
>
> Is there anybody in the groups, who knows something about problems
> like our? Any comments and tips are greatly welcome.
>
> best regards, Mario

Let see, we are going to need ORA errors, tail of alert_sid.log, turn on tracing, check for core dumps, check /var/adm/messages or other log files, check for runaway processes, truss processes, /etc/system, what else is running on the system, look at core dumps again, look at trace file. Basically, everyone is going to need more information including Oracle configuration.

--
Neil Greene				"Pinky, you make me worry.  You are too
Sr. Oracle DBA / Unix Administrator		close to being a poster child for