Re: caching web-database connections. licensing & performance?

From: Randy Jordan <rw_jordan_at_interramp.com>
Date: 1996/07/05

> >the persistant connections to work with Informix & Illustra, I had to
> >write some code snippets into our WWW server using Netscape's NSAPI.
>
> Illustra's Web data blade version 2.2 is out in beta and comes with
> NSAPI hooks.

SRI's Sybernet connection doesn't need NSAPI it works with CERN or NCSA OR Netscape. uses a standard cgi server to hold connections and is downloadable as shareware at

http://spacely.sri.com/netscape.html

or

http://sybernet.sri.com/

It's 50$ if you want to keep it after the trial ...

RJ

Randy Jordan                                 Senior Systems Analyst
                                             SRI International
(408) 735-1175                               (415) 859-4625
rw_jordan_at_interramp.com                      rjordan_at_unix.sri.com
                                             http://mis.sri.com/rjordan/