Re: developer 2000 --> SQL net --> personal Oracle 7

From: Bruce Alan Ritchey <mme_at_cris.com>
Date: 1996/07/04

raj_dray_at_ix.netcom.com(Rajkumar Ray) wrote:

>n <31C7C777.422A_at_pve.agro.nl> Peter de Wolff <P.C.de.Wolff_at_pve.agro.nl>
>writes:
>>
>>Jose Omar Mosquera wrote:
>>>
>>> I hope somebody can help me;
>>>
>>> I am having great difficulties getting forms4.5 to communicate with
>>> personal Oracle 7; this I believe, is because I haven't set up SQL
 Net
>>> properly.
>>>
>>> I have windows 95, and the windows 95 version of personal Oracle 7.
>>> I can connect to the local database using SQL plus 3.2 ( The one
 that
>>> comes with personal Oracle 7), but if I try SQLplus 3.1 or Oracle
 net
>>> test i get the following error messages:
>>>
>>> With user ID: SCOTT PASSWORD: TIGER and CONNECT STRING blank
>>>
>>> ORA 12203 TNS: Unable to connect to destination.
>>>
>>> With user ID: SCOTT PASSWORD: TIGER and CONNECT STRING: 2:
>>>
>>> ORA 03121: No interface driver connected - function not performed.
>>> ------
>>> I have TCP/IP loaded in my machine, which I use for my dial up
>>> internet connection ( I assume I cannot use for Oracle); I have been
>>> trying to get named pipes to work with Oracle, but I am unsure of
 what
>>> I need in settings/control panel/networks and how to set up named
>>> pipes.
>>>
>>> I have also installed V2 of SQL NET into my machine.
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong ? How do I get this to work??
>>>
>>> HELP, HELP please !!!
>>>
>>> Jose Omar Mosquera
>>> London
>>>
>>> Jose Omar Mosquera
>>> jose_at_jomh.demon.co.uk
>>>
>>> London
>>

>>Hi,
>>
>>since the connection SQL*Plus 3.2 -> SQL*NET V2(.2) -> Personel Oracle
 works
>>and
>>the connection SQL*Plus 3.1 -> SQL*NET V2 -> Personel Oracle does not
 work
>>your problem is that you have olny installed one version of SQL*Net
 (32-bit) and not the 16-bit
>>version of SQL*NET.
>
>I am also facing the same problem while trying to connect to the local
>database from FORMS4.5 or Reprts 2.5. I would really appreciate if
>anybody can help !!

You need to update you version of SQL net.

Use your version of Personal Oracle 7.2 and go to the windows subdirectory. Select Setup and this will run the installer. Install the required support files 7.2. This will allow you to connect to personal oracle using: 2: as your host string.

With SQL*Plus ver 3.2 you do not a host string, but you need 2: for any 16 bit apps. Received on Thu Jul 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message