Re: ?Only DB owner can run sqlplus?

From: Robert Poortinga <poorting_at_cs.indiana.edu>
Date: 1996/07/04

In article <4rc0i9$9sq_at_maverick.tad.eds.com>, Bob Stewart <bob_at_latcost1.alaao.ats.eds.com> wrote:
>I'm having a problem with a seldom used instance we host for another
>group in our company. For some reason, only the Oracle user can run
>sqlplus. When another user tries to run sqlplus, I get the following
>messages:
> (deleted...)

You forgot to run the 'root.sh' script after you installed Oracle. This sets the necessary permissions for the Oracle executables. Installation of Oracle is NOT complete until this script is run. Log in as root and run "$ORACLE_HOME/orainst/root.sh" or else have your system admin do it.

--
Bob Poortinga (mailto:bobp_at_tsc.com)
Senior Database Consultant