Re: Oracle dumping Unix?????

From: Darrell Coons <darrell_coons_at_mc.xerox.com>
Date: 1996/07/03

--
Name: Darrell Coons
E-Mail: darrell_coons_at_mc.xerox.com

> >I heard a rumor yesterday that Oracle had just announced that it was
going
> >to switch from Unix to NT.
>
> I read a while ago that they were not going to upgrade the 'tools' -
sqlforms
> etc, but I think the rdbms is staying (i hope) !

My understanding (from talking with our local Oracle office, and we have *lots* of stuff here on Unix) is that they are shifting their main focus to NT but will still "fully support" the Unix platforms. In other words, new releases might be available first on NT, and the beta programs will favor the NT platform.