Re: Oracle, PowerBuilder long connection time

From: Dave Moller <icdave_at_metlife.co.za>
Date: 1996/07/03

Stewart Houck wrote:

> We are experiencing a problem with a long connect time from
> PowerBuilder to an Oracle database. To establish the connection takes
> approximately 20 seconds. After the connection is established
> however, things hum right along and we get immediate responses to
> database queries.

We experience the same thing, but only since upgrading from SQL*Net 1.x to SQL*Net 2.1 - and it's consistent across client applications. Makes me think that this one's not a PB problem (for a change). ;)

We have unfortunately not traced the reason or a fix.

Cheers
Dave Möller Received on Wed Jul 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message