Re: Q: Stored Procedures and VB?

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 1996/07/03

In article <4rd9mm$soo_at_aztec.co.za>, dion_at_mda.co.za (Dion Truter) wrote:
>In article <Dtxu90.7rn_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>,
> cwg_at_cix.compulink.co.uk ("Chun Wong") wrote:
>>We've been converting some stored procedures in SQL Server to Oracle
>>which are called from VB using ODBC. One of these procedures is a
>>simple select statement [snip]
>
>The release notes for Oracle 7.3 mentions that functions can return cursors,
>and in effect, regular rows.

Note: you can return a cursor from a pl/sql function to another pl/sql function, but NOT back to an application, from which the cursor itself would be meaningless.

There is no equivalent to the sql server proc that returns a result set.

--
Dave Mausner, Consulting Manager, Braun Technology Group, Chicago.