Re: Oracle Forms 4.5 and Date/Time fields

From: <dmoyer_at_gpu.com>
Date: 1996/07/03

In <4rbidh$no8_at_news.ppg.com>, Yourname_at_somwhere.COM writes:
>I have experience some problems with a time only field within Forms. I
>am using version 4.5.6.5.5 of Forms and 7.1 of the Oracle database.
>
>I have a date field in which I have masked to show on hour and minutes
>(HH24":"MI). When an update is made and saved to this field, the
>database is updated with the correct time, but the date is changed to the
>first day of the current month. Example 6/17/96 07:30 would become
>6/1/96 08:00 if the time was changed from 0730 to 0800.
>
>If the day and month a included within the mask or no mask is used, the
>problem goes away. Oracle support was of no help with this, they had
>never heard of this problem (BUG!).
>
>Has anyone heard of this and is there another work around other that
>showing the date and month.
>
>Thanks

One thing you could try is to make it a datetime field rather that a time field and then set the format mask to be just the time. I haven't tried this but we had a similar problem where we had a date field and the time was wiped out until we made it a datetime field.

D. Scott Moyer, Jr.                        dmoyer_at_gpu.com (preferred for work)
GPU Service Corporation                dsmoyer_at_enter.net (preferred for home)
Reading, PA Received on Wed Jul 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message