Re: Oracle Forms 4.5 and Date/Time fields

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/07/03

In article <4rbidh$no8_at_news.ppg.com>, Yourname_at_somwhere.COM says:

>I have experience some problems with a time only field within Forms. I
>am using version 4.5.6.5.5 of Forms and 7.1 of the Oracle database.
>
>I have a date field in which I have masked to show on hour and minutes
>(HH24":"MI). When an update is made and saved to this field, the
>database is updated with the correct time, but the date is changed to the
>first day of the current month. Example 6/17/96 07:30 would become
>6/1/96 08:00 if the time was changed from 0730 to 0800.
>
>If the day and month a included within the mask or no mask is used, the
>problem goes away. Oracle support was of no help with this, they had
>never heard of this problem (BUG!).
>
>Has anyone heard of this and is there another work around other that
>showing the date and month.

Weird!
I've seen bugs like that - we ended up putting an FMFX in a format mask on a date field at one point because it was turning bits back to 1.
But we had that on the date part, not the time part. But I've never worked just with time.
Could you do something clever with a second item with full format mask and then use the mirror item property to pass the value across? Alternately having the real date in another field and calculating into a displayed dummy field (that has number datatype, not time) that *looks* like time.

HIH
Lee
** Status Report - 17 days until Maternity Leave, and counting **

  Lee Levy, ISSD Technical Dream Team, Del Code (34)   BHP Information Technology, ACN 006 476 213   PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia   PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-   Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Wed Jul 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message