Re: Oracle7 32-bit Odbc driver for Visual Basic 4.0

From: Roger Koppang <rkoppang_at_iadfw.net>
Date: 1996/07/02

>>There seems to be a lot of difficulty using the Oracle ODBC driver
>>with VB4. I have heard that it has something to do with the driver
>>being Level 1 compatible but VB using Level 2 calls. Either way, it
>>doesn't seem to work.
>>
>>I think this is Oracle's way of moving everyone to Oracle Objects for
>>OLE (assuming they ever finish version 2).

>Not true. Oracle has a 32bit ODBC driver. Check out www.oracle.com. Also,
>OO4O 32bit was beta and I think may be production now. Again, check out
>www.oracle.com.

Well they tell you right on the web page that the Oracle drivers are ODBC version 1 level 1.

I have those drivers working with VB4-32 but I can't get them to work with the AppendChunk method to put more than 16k of data into a LONG RAW column in the Oracle database. Anything greater than 16k and I get a GPF when I hit the update method for the dynaset. Any ideas on this one? If it would help I can post the code, but I didn't happen to bring it home from work with me today. This same code is working flawlessly with VB3 today.

Roger Koppang
rkoppang_at_iadfw.net Received on Tue Jul 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message