Re: ORA-03113 Error

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1996/07/01

In article <fongdaDtIMvn.6Gr_at_netcom.com>, fongda_at_netcom.com writes:
|> Hi all!
|>
|> I've been getting an "ORA-03113 => end of file on communication channel"
|> error. My DBA called tech support (which is what the manual says to do)
|> and they said usually it's a result of a cursor loop that's picking up
|> the wrong values or something to that effect. The code that this is
|> blowing up on has no cursors...
|>
|> Has anyone else seen this problem before? Any and all help is
|> appreciated.

ORA-3113 is a very generic error. It simply means that the communication between the client and the server has stopped. There are any number of causes for this. Check for trace files (on the client and the server), set SQL Net tracing on, and if it is consistently reproducible then get a test case to Support so they can file a bug if necessary.

|> --
|>

|> Talk to you later!
|>
|> Dara
|>
|> __\/__
|> / ^ ^ \
|> (\| (o)(o) |/)
|> ------------------oOOOo--oo--oOOOo-------------------------
|> | Dara Fong e-mail: fongda_at_netcom.com |

|> | Get organized. If you don't know where to start, read |
|> | Stephanie Winston's _Getting_Organized_. |
|> | -- H. Jackson Brown Jr. |
|> .oooO ( )
|> ( ) ) /
|> \ ( (_/
|> \_)

Scott Urman            Oracle Corporation           surman_at_us.oracle.com
Author of _Oracle PL/SQL Programming_ ISBN 0-07-882176-2
Published by Oracle Press - http://www.osborne.com/oracle/index.htm
"The opinions expressed here are my own, and are not necessarily that of
 Oracle Corporation"