Re: Is it possible to reduce the datafile size?

From: <dmoyer_at_gpu.com>
Date: 1996/07/01

In <31D3FBCD.26DA_at_atlas.com>, pogo <pogo_at_atlas.com> writes:
>Strategic Data Systems wrote:
>>
>> In article <4qvgnp$kpm_at_news-e2b.gnn.com>, jysuh_at_gnn.com says...
>> >
>> >The syntax is
>> > alter database database_name datafile 'datafile_name' resize 10m;

>> What version of Oracle did this appear?
>
>9.3??? <grin>. Can only find online offline drop in my documentation.
>
>p.vassar

Version 7.2 is the first time I saw this possibility. The syntax is as follows:

ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE 'disk1:db1.dat' RESIZE 10 M

The manual states it will make the attempt to resize the datafile to the desired size.

D. Scott Moyer, Jr.                        dmoyer_at_gpu.com (preferred for work)
GPU Service Corporation                dsmoyer_at_enter.net (preferred for home)
Reading, PA Received on Mon Jul 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message