Re: list users/databases

From: Judy Ko <jko_at_atgserve.ny.jpmorgan.com>
Date: 1996/07/01

Philip Davies wrote:

> The question is:
> Is it possible to get a list of users that are logged onto Oracle -
> I can list this on UNIX (ps -ef | grep ora) but I can't find a way within
> Oracle.

Try sys$session. It gives you all the information about all active session.

> I would also like to be able to get a list of all available
> databases. Apart from querying the oratab file and hoping it is up to
> date is there any way to detect this?
> My first reaction is no to both, set it up yourself - but here's hoping
> that Oracle can do these!

I guess you mean all available tables in an database instance?!. If so, you can look it up in dba_tables. dba_objects will give you all database objects.

Hope this help.

Regards,
Judy Received on Mon Jul 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message