Forms 3.0 Problem

From: Andre Fernandes Vincent <avincent_at_unisys.com.br>
Date: 1996/07/01

I am facing a tough problem, in Forms 3.0, RDBMS 7.1.3 and HP-UX 9.
The problem is the error FRM-40900: Cannot allocate register buffer. It happens in forms having multi-record blocks. If the query retrieves more then 10 to 20 records, i get the error, and not all records that should, are, effectivelly retrieved.
I have tried to change the parameter records buffered (block definition in the forms), but it didn't fix the problem. It sure changes the behaviour, but does not solve the problem.

I have created a table, containing four columns, all varchar2 (18). I inserted records with: insert into table
select rowidtochar (rowid), ..., rowidtochar (rowid) (4 times) from table_with_+1000_rows
where rownum < 800

Then, I created a form (with the default block feature), with a block that displays 14 records.

I run the forms, do Enter query and execute query, to retrieve all the rows. I start to do page downs in my form and, when i am around 300 records (always in the same record), it stops with the error
FRM-40900. Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot!

Andre Vincent
Software Design Received on Mon Jul 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message