Unclosed cursors

From: Gints Tervits <tervits_at_acad.latnet.lv>
Date: 1996/06/30

Can you tell something about following cursors problem. After executing of my database procedure, the statement "SELECT name, value FROM v$sysstat WHERE name = 'opened cursors current';" shows number of all cursors opened in this procedure. The statement "SELECT * FROM v$open_cursor;" still shows only one of them. The second launching of this procedure adds another equal number of opened cursors if observe with v$sysstat. So this leads to maximum open cursors exceeded error. The cursors are opened by dbml_sql package yet I have not forgotten to close them certainly. What could be the problem?

Gints Tervits Received on Sun Jun 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message