AS/400 Transparent gateway question.

From: <jfk_at_sigsys.com>
Date: 1996/06/28

I have some more questions I hope someone can assist me with.

We are going to connect an AS/400 to a Novell network via an ORACLE transparent gateway. ORACLE, unfortunately, will not provide us with tech assistance until we purchase the gateway. My questions have to do with the AS/400 file system.

Here's the configuration we will use:

  • A pc LAN connected to --A Novell 4.1 server where ORACLE will reside. --Our ORACLE transparent gateway connected to the AS/400 which has --Our disk array

Here are the questions:

--How does ORACLE define the files on the AS/400?
--Can we create (and possibly populate) the AS/400 files ahead of time, or are they created only after ORACLE

       is started/configured?
--Can users UPDATE files on the AS/400 side?(thus removing ORACLE's integrity constraints)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance - JFK Received on Fri Jun 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message