Re: OCI and GNU compiler

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1996/06/28

In article <4r1dnb$73_at_nyx.cs.du.edu>, tpoindex_at_nyx.cs.du.edu (Tom Poindexter) writes:
|> In article <4r12v2$4ri_at_inet-nntp-gw-1.us.oracle.com>,
|> Scott Urman <surman_at_oracle.com> wrote:
|> >
|> >For example, on Solaris you can get an undefined symbol __cg92_used. If you
|> >are using the SparcWorks compiler, then you simply use the -xcg92 flag. But
|>

|> Oracle used to supply an extra object, $ORACLE_HOME/lib/__fstd.o that
|> had the otherwise worthless symbol. Add this object to your link line to
|> resolve the '__cg92_used' reference.
|>
|> --
|> Tom Poindexter
|> tpoindex_at_nyx.net
|> http://www.nyx.net/~tpoindex/

Very true. But the point remains - if you are not using the supported compiler, then you could have problems. I wouldn't recommend using gcc for production systems that require full Oracle support.

Scott Urman            Oracle Corporation           surman_at_us.oracle.com
Author of _Oracle PL/SQL Programming_ ISBN 0-07-882176-2
Published by Oracle Press - http://www.osborne.com/oracle/index.htm
"The opinions expressed here are my own, and are not necessarily that of
 Oracle Corporation"