Re: Auditing

From: Ken Johnson <ken.johnson_at_mail.tapestry.com>
Date: 1996/06/28

Naren Chintala wrote:

> chuckh_at_dvol.com (Chuck Hamilton) wrote:
> >I want to keep an audit trail of all SELECTs done on my database. I
> >added AUDIT_TRAIL=OS to my parameter file, bounced the database, and
> >issued the following statement while connected as a DBA user:
> >
> >AUDIT SELECT ANY TABLE;
> >
> >My question is, where does it put the audit trail info? I can't find
> >any .trc or .aud file and the documentation doesn't say what it calls
> >the file, or where it puts it.
> >--
>
> Check out dba_audit_trail/user_audit_trail. For a complete list
> (view/table/synonym) try the following
>
> select object_name,object_type from dba_objects where object_name
> like '%AUDIT%';
>
> Naren Chintala
> naren_at_mink.att.com
>
> >Chuck Hamilton
> >chuckh_at_dvol.com
> >
> >Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!

If you want the audit information to go into the SYS.AUD$ table (which is what the DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL and USER_AUDIT_TRAIL views reference), then you will have to have the parameter

be:	AUDIT_TRAIL=DB	or	AUDIT_TRAIL=TRUE
not:	AUDIT_TRAIL=OS

Ken Johnson -  Senior Technical Consultant
Tapestry Computing, Inc. http://www.tapestry.com