Re: How Des Your Company Do Reports?

From: Per Brondum <pbrondum_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/06/28

Jenny Farnham wrote:

> We are developing reports in Reports 2.5,
> PRO*C and sql*plus. We run the reports at
> night. What tool do you all have to display
> already run reports? We wre going to use
> LOTUS NOTES but it won't display postscript
> reports and no, we don't want to develop
> character reports out of 2.5
>
> So, for Reports 2.5 output, how do you all
> there display reports run overnight?
>
> Thanks,
> Jennifer Farnham
> Access Graphics
> Boulder, Colorado
> --
> Jennifer Farnham
> email: farnham_at_spot.colorado.edu or
> HomePage: http://spot.Colorado.EDU/~farnham/Home.html

If you get your hands on the newly released Reports 2.5.6 in Developer/2000 1.3.1, you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

A complete PDF driver (PDF is Adobe's standard for high quality crisp documents) generates output that can be re-viewed without you having to change anything in the report. Reports generated with this driver can be viewed from any webbrowser (PowerBrowser, Netscape) using the Amber Plugin from Adobe. (Amber can even embed inself into the browsers!).

   r25run rep1 scott/tiger desformat=pdf

is all you'll need to generate the exact same report as you're used to in postscript, except this format is truly portable and can be viewed from any browser on MAC, WIN95, Motif and WIN31.

  • Per Brondum