Re: Sql*Net for Win95?

From: Rick Rutt <rrutt_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1996/06/28

Alex Gorbachev <gorbachev_alex_at_bah.com> writes:

>I have done this in the past, when the only package containing SQL*Net v.2 32-bit was Personal
>Oracle 7 for Win95/NT. If the situation did not change, obtain a copy of Personal Oracle, install
>the whole RDBMS package (everything in it) and then wipe out the RDBMS (through Installer), leaving
>SQL*Net v.2 and whatever protocol adapter you need. Configure tnsnames.ora. Do not forget to set
>the environment variable ORACLE_HOME to a correct path.

My understanding is that SQL*Net is now licensed at the server, so if your client machine is legal with 16-bit SQL*Net, it will be legal with 32-bit SQL*Net.

  • Rick --

(Rick Rutt is a system architect living and working in Midland, Michigan.) Received on Fri Jun 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message