KILLED sessions in Oracle 7.2

From: Mark Johnson <mwc.mjohnson_at_capital.ge.com>
Date: 1996/06/27

I need to restrict a user from connecting to the database more than once, so I have put it in the profile to keep them from doing this. But if they lock their pc up (win 95 :) the session hangs and I have to kill it using the alter system kill user command.

The problem is that this leaves a session with the status of "KILLED" in the system and it will not let them log back on due to the profile.

The oracle 7 Admin's guide says that the row in V$Session will be deleted once the session is killed and the user issues another sql statement. But since the pc locked up this is immpossible because when they log back on they get a new session id.

Does anyone know how to truncate the killed sessions for the system??

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark Johnson
Running 7.2.2.x on Solaris 2.5 Received on Thu Jun 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message