Re: UPC barcodes in Reports 2.5 on Mannessman Tally printers

From: Ken Johnson <ken.johnson_at_mail.tapestry.com>
Date: 1996/06/27

Jay Krishnamurthy wrote:

> a. Has anyone used Developer/2000 Reports 2.5 to generate UPC barcodes?
> b. Has anyone done this to print on a Mannessman Tally 661 printer?
>
> We have the Oracle 7.2.2.3 running on Sun (Solaris 2.3) machine. The
> report can be run on Windows 95 PCs or the server itself.
>
> c. Has anyone used Code 39 barcodes using Reports 2.5?

I have done (c) above, but it was with a standard laser printer (I assume the one you mentioned is a bar code label printer of some sort). We used a bar code font and just output the data into a text field that was formated in that font.

The only 'gotcha' I can give you is make sure that you append the start and stop characters to your data (it was '*' in our font, but it probably varies).

Ken Johnson -  Technical Consultant
Tapestry Computing, Inc. http://www.tapestry.com