Re: PB4 to Oracle - almost there

From: Karl Moskowski <kmoskows_at_rci.rogers.com>
Date: 1996/06/27

In article <31CE0178.4CC5_at_nfi.com>,

   "Gregory S. Lipman" <gregl59_at_nfi.com> wrote:
>When i specify SYSTEM userid and MANAGER password i am in
>But when i use user id that i created - greg
>it returns with ORA-01031 - insuficient priviledges.
>BUT I CAN connect with greg userid from SQL*Plus !!!
>What is going on.

When you connect to Oracle from within PowerBuilder, it may be trying to create the repository (i.e., the tables PBCATCOL, PBCATEDT, and PBCATFMT, which PB uses to store the extended attribute information). You need an ID with sufficient privliges to create the tables.

|Karl Moskowski, Programmer Analyst |                            |
|Rogers Shared Services - CBAS      | #include "std/disclaimer.h"|
|North York, Ontario, Canada        |                            |