HELP: Auto commit with ODBC Oracle & MS ACCESS

From: Philippe GENSBITTEL <gensbit_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: 1996/06/26

Sorry, if this question was already posted before but I did not find any solution.
We have the following configuration :

	Server:

- Oracle 7
- HPUX v10
Clients:
- MS Access v2.0
- ODBC Oracle 7.1 driver
- SQL*NET v2
- Windows 3.11

Our major problem may be known as "auto-commit". Any modification on the Access client is committed automatically on the Oracle server. What could be the best way to disable this behaviour ? We would like to implement a "user commit", and we did not find any parameter or API available to offer such a functionality. I heard ODBC layer could done this. Where can I find documentation about this topic ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

        Philippe GENSBITTEL

Philippe GENSBITTEL			email: gensbit_at_club-internet.fr
RATP - SIT/ISV/PCA Bur. C246
102 Esplanade Commune de Paris		tél: 48-15-25-11
Clos Marceau - Mont d'Est		fax: 48-15-23-70
93167 NOISY LE GRAND Cedex