Re: Backup of Oracle databases

From: Vikram Goel <vgoel_at_pts.mot.com>
Date: 1996/06/26

Vijay,

Just doing this is not enough, you may want to backup the arch* files, and a copy of the current control file (they do get damaged also), also note online backups by their very use cause extra redo logs to be written, therefor if complete recovery is desired, after the backup the arch files produced while the backup is executing should also be backed up within the same set.

Hope this heps.

--
Vikram Goel
Sr. Oracle DBA - Consultant

Motorola Info:                              Motorola email: vgoel_at_pts.mot.com
Mail Stop 39, Room S1014
1500 Gateway Blvd,
Boynton Beach, FL 33426