Re: What are the SEQ$ and OBJ$ tables?

From: Vikram Goel <vgoel_at_pts.mot.com>
Date: 1996/06/25

Ron,

The seq$ and obj$, as well as other 'tables' having a '$" as the last char, are dynamic tables, upon which the dba_'*' and othet USER_* and ALL_* views are based. The table definations are stored in a file called 'sql.bsq', on unix systems this file is in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory. As the names inply obj$ deals with all database objects, and seq$ deals with sequences, both system defined as well as user defined. These tables are owned by sys.

--
Vikram Goel
Sr. Oracle DBA - Consultant

Motorola Info:                              Motorola email: vgoel_at_pts.mot.com
Mail Stop 39, Room S1014
1500 Gateway Blvd,
Boynton Beach, FL 33426

In article <DtIovw.ItK_at_ranger.daytonoh.ncr.com>, BEERYR <Ron.Beery_at_DaytonOH.ATTGIS.COM> writes:

>I'm running the Oracle Financials application 10.4.2 running
>on Oracle 7.1.3.
>
>In my stats of frequently run sql statements, the following
>keep comming up. What is the seq$, obj$, and user$
>tables? What are they used for?
>

>update seq$
<snip>>