Re: Question on DBMS_SHARED_POOL package

From: Vikram Goel <vgoel_at_pts.mot.com>
Date: 1996/06/25

Naren,

The D* or c* are actual memory location addresses where the object residing in the sga exists, the second number is a combination value of the obj_number and the time it was loaded and has not been lrued out. This is for interactive sql Oracle shared_pool areas like data dictionery cache and unnamed pl/sql. Named objects are displayed, if available.

Check the file 'dbmspool.sql' found in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin' under most Unix systems.

Hope this helps.

--
Vikram Goel
Sr. Oracle DBA - Consultant

Motorola Info:                              Motorola email: vgoel_at_pts.mot.com
Mail Stop 39, Room S1014
1500 Gateway Blvd,
Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Distribution: Newsgroups: att.database.oracle,comp.databases.oracle Followup-To: References: <DtIovw.ItK_at_ranger.daytonoh.ncr.com> From: vgoel_at_pts.mot.com (Vikram Goel) Reply-To: vgoel_at_pts.mot.com Organization: Motorola, Inc., Boynton Beach, FL Subject: Re: What are the SEQ$ and OBJ$ tables? Summary: Keywords: Ron, The seq$ and obj$, as well as other 'tables' having a '$" as the last char, are dynamic tables, upon which the dba_'*' and othet USER_* and ALL_* views are based. The table definations are stored in a file called 'sql.bsq', on unix systems this file is in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory. As the names inply obj$ deals with all database objects, and seq$ deals with sequences, both system defined as well as user defined. These tables are owned by sys. -- Vikram Goel Sr. Oracle DBA - Consultant Aerotek Inc. My email: vgoel_at_emi.net Motorola Info: Motorola email: vgoel_at_pts.mot.com Mail Stop 39, Room S1014 1500 Gateway Blvd, Boynton Beach, FL 33426 In article <DtIovw.ItK_at_ranger.daytonoh.ncr.com>, BEERYR <Ron.Beery_at_DaytonOH.ATTGIS.COM> writes: