Re: CASE error (fail to open new activity)

From: Ramunas Janonis <rjanonis_at_it.ot.lt>
Date: 1996/06/25

ivan ordonez-reinoso wrote:

> I am trying to run Case Designer 2000 version 1.2A, and every time I try to
> do anything such as opening an entity, I get the following errors:
>
> RME-00223: Failed to open new activity
> RME-00222: Failed to dispatch operation to Repository
> RME-00011: Operation 'open' on ACTIVITY has failed
> RME-00020: Internal API error - ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called

You may perform the following steps:

  1. Check repository owner execute permission on user SYS packages: dbms_pipe dbms_lock dbms_shared_pool dbms_standard dbms_transaction dbms_sql
  2. Check status of repository packages and package bodies. If there are invalid recompile. If this step will be unsuccessful check the user_errors table for ideas.
  3. Check Oracle server shared pool size. Increase the size if it's less than 12Mb.
  4. Call hacker :-)

Hope it helps,

  Ramunas Janonis