Re: PB4 to Oracle - almost there

From: Alok Mehta <mehta_at_news.wadsworth.org>
Date: 1996/06/25

Gregory S. Lipman (gregl59_at_nfi.com) wrote:
: Hi
: I am almost there but...
: When i specify SYSTEM userid and MANAGER password i am in
: But when i use user id that i created - greg
: it returns with ORA-01031 - insuficient priviledges.
: BUT I CAN connect with greg userid from SQL*Plus !!!
: What is going on.

Powerbuilder creates and manipulates several system tables in your Oracle database. To do this, your user accounts need access to these system tables. If you can get in from PB using your SYSTEM userid, then PB has probably already created those tables. In that case, I think all you have to do is "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE ON ..." on the following:

	SYSTEM.PBCATCOL
	SYSTEM.PBCATVLD
	SYSTEM.PBCATTBL
	SYSTEM.PBCATEDT
	SYSTEM.PBCATFMT

Hope that helps!
Alok

     __.               Alok Mehta, Research Scientist
  __/  |               Wadsworth Center, NYS Dept of Health
 /___ *|               P.O. Box 509
     \_|,;             Albany, New York 12201-0509
       ~'              mehta_at_wadsworth.org