WWW servers using databases

From: Antony Scerri <uffec_at_westminster.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/06/25

Hi.

We are a small company looking to bring our Web Service in-house. We currently run an Apple Macintosh's network, and a PC Novell Network. We are going to be installing our own WWW server, aswell as a relational database system to be linked to the web. The main concern is what platform to go for, to get the best integration to our existing networks, and to allow for the database to work with all of our computers. The database is to be used for holding the web pages for easy access through CGI. So idealy we are looking for a database which has an existing CGI front end for queries, or can be expanded using some kind of language (ie SQL, 4GL). Any advice as to the web server platform or possible databases would be appreciated.

Tony. Received on Tue Jun 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message